Updated August 2021
Why do we collect personal information
eSSETS collects personal information to improve the manner by which we operate and offer our services, communicate with you about those services, and provide effective, timely customer support when needed. We will never rent or sell any of the personally-identifiable information we collect from you to third parties, and will not share your personally identifiable information with third parties without your consent.
What personal information do we collect
Each user registers with their name and email address to create a username and password. This information is encrypted and the user is referenced within the service by an ID number. The date and time of registration and each login to the service is captured and stored. Information concerning content accessed, files uploaded or downloaded, and data entered through through the service may be collected and tracked to allow eSSETS to improve responsiveness to individual users, and to provide an audit trail for account owners and administrators.;
Additional information that may be captured and stored includes computer configuration (such as operating system, connection speed, and peripherals); the IP Internet (IP) address and URL of the Website; the types of devices in which eSSETS exchanges data; demographic information provided by you (such as language preference,, content preferences and personalization information). We will not sell, rent or otherwise distribute your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent, except as set forth herein.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
eSSETS understands that it is a privilege to have you as a customer and is committed to protecting your personal information. We use the following controls to protect your personal information:
- Use of secure connections using SSL to safeguard information when transmitted from your Web browser to eSSETS;
- Use of security controls to restrict access to databases housing personally identifying information;
- Use of encryption for sensitive personal information, such as user names, email addresses, physical addresses, and phone numbers;
- Restrict employee access to databases containing personal information and impose confidentiality requirements upon employees who do; and
- Bind subcontractors with contractual, technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information.
How do we use your personal information?
eSSETS uses your personal information to:
- Deliver to you and bill you for eSSETS services, and communicate with you concerning your account and customer service issues;
- Verify access rights to your content or other access-restricted services and software;
- Improve our software and services by providing personalized content recommendations, language and location customization, and/or personalized help and instructions;
- Track content accesses;
- Ask you to participate in surveys about products, services, news and events;
- Provide you with content, services, instructions, and a more personalized experience based on personal information, such as your language preferences, zip/postal code, country locations, and any content or other preferences you provide;
- Better understand how our services are used, including Web traffic patterns and what types of content are most popular with users of our products and services.
When and how do we share your personal information with third parties?
eSSETS does not use your personal information for purposes incompatible with those listed above. eSSETS does not sell, rent, or share your personal information to a third party unless you consent or direct that we do so to a third party partner or content service.
eSSETS may disclose relevant information about our customers to our contractors (e.g. a customer service contractor or a credit card clearing service) in order for them to provide specific services for eSSETS, and to better serve our customers. eSSETS contractors are bound by specific contractual requirements to keep all personal information they process strictly confidential and to use such information solely on behalf of eSSETS.
Also, eSSETS may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the requirements of the law; (b) comply with the order of a competent judicial authority in any jurisdiction; (c) comply with legal process served on eSSETS; (d) protect and defend the rights or property of eSSETS; or (e) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of eSSETS services or the public at large.
How to access and update your personal information
You may review and update your account by logging in using your username and password and then selecting the “Personal Settings” option.
When you access your account by logging in, you can update and/or make sure that your account information is accurate. You can also manage certain preferences, which may change from time to time.
If you have forgotten your password, you can submit a password reset request.
Browser privacy considerations